Page 1 of 1

Norge 8v questions

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:08 pm
by peakrock
My T4 has a Norge 8v engine with roller tappets and has done 18k miles overall. It's just been for the MSVA (failed on exhaust noise) but it raised some other questions.

1) I've set the ETB tacho switches to 1 as I assumed there is no wasted spark - is that correct?

2) Once warmed up, the idle speed drops to 500/600 RPM and the oil pressure light flickers on and off. I believe it should idle around 1000 RPM and that it's controlled electronically via the idle control valve which has a length of hose and a small air filter on it. Can it be adjusted via this or do I need to adjust it via the throttle cable? (or see below)

3) During the MSVA I was told to hold the revs at 4500 RPM whilst the decibel level was measured (this is wrong I know as the measurement should be done at half maximum power RPM which with the remap is approx 6000/2 = 3000RPM) Anyway, it misfired at the this RPM and I'm wondering if the fuel injectors might need cleaning and testing as they're prone to gumming up when the engine has been standing.

4) I'm using standard Guzzi California silencers at present which are double baffled and they are quite noisy. I'm wondering if the Norge engine - being a lot more powerful than the California engine - could overwhelm the silencers. If so, any recommended silencers for the Norge engine?

Thanks Dave