Cali fuel injection

YOP

Re: Cali fuel injection

Post by YOP » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Dave that was really interesting. But unfortunately reading about how you built your own ECU left me glazed. You must be very competent with micro electronics and the testing of them etc. My only question is why Cliff doesn`t sell a ready to fit unit. The fact that you were happy enough to stick with the OE ECU speaks volumes. When you`ve built your new Triking do you think that you would retry with Cliff`s upgrade?

Peter.

peakrock

Post by peakrock » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:58 am

Hi Peter

You can buy a complete ECU from Clive Jeffries: https://www.cajinnovations.com/MyECU/

However, it will need setting up and tweaking although he does supply engine maps based on lots of real road testing so you're not starting from scratch. You or someone would have to download the App which runs on Android and then play with the settings.

I will probably retry the ECU once my Triking is on the road - there's plenty of time for tinkering with this lockdown...

Dave

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:03 pm

Hi Peter,
Message from Dom Chud: where he is asking for the ECU reference of your ECU please?
dominique chudzik

Hello Richard,
Changing the map via telephone is not possible.
There are a number of ways to change the mapping settings.
If I have the ECU reference I can look on my own to read and optimize the ECU according to the customer's needs.

YOP

Post by YOP » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:51 pm

Richard the only thing that I know about my ECU is that it is a P8. I cannot see anything on the box at all that gives a clue to what it is, unless it is on the underside in which case I would have to unbolt it from it`s resting place.

Dave I have been on Cliff Jefferies webb site and it reads really well. I spoke to Cliff by email and he said that he can now supply a complete unit that will drop straight into a P8 case. I asked him if the trike would need setting up on a rolling road straight away and he said that the program that it comes with is quite able to run the trike straight out of the box. He recommended that it would be better to use the trike for a while so as to get a feeling for the different performance and then take it to a rolling road if you thought that it needed refining. I fitted Lambda ports in the front down tubes last year and so it would be easy to make the ECU into a closed system. I asked Cliff if I would need a sensor in each pipe but he said that he had found one to be sufficient. I've been in touch with Gutsibits inquiring if they had any P8 ECU units and they said that they had not got any, either good or scrap. This is one of the reasons why I am leaning towards the Jefferies unit against altering my P8. If I could get hold of a P8 case then I could keep my existing P8 intact and fit a Jefferies in the spare case.

Peter

peakrock

Post by peakrock » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:23 pm

Peter - that's interesting you having been in touch with Cliff. I think you'll find it difficult to get hold of a P8 case which is why I used a 16FM case from a Fiat for my ECU build. They're readily available and dirt cheap - the connector is the same as the P8 so you just need to unsolder it from the old board and solder it to your new ECU board. The 16FM case is also smaller so on my old Triking I was able to mount both ECU's and swap the cable between the two. Here's a link to an ECU from a Fiat which uses the 16FM case to give you an example.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Motor-S ... Sw1nZdwIb4

Dave

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:14 am

Hope you are sorted now Peter.
Dom has been thanked for his offer to help.

YOP

Post by YOP » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:46 pm

Thank you all for your inputs. It`s good to talk and i`ll keep you posted with what happens next.

Peter.