Pedal assembly

Dreamer

Pedal assembly

Post by Dreamer » Sun May 03, 2020 6:57 pm

Hope all you Trikers are well. I have fitted my pedal assembly and in view of the fact that I am rather short, 5feet4inches, I am still concerned that reaching the pedals will be challenging, even after I fitted 2inch extenders in between the master cylinders and the bias bar. I would like to know whether this position is correct as it would be very difficult to alter once the body would be in place. I do not have seats as yet so I could not really know . I do not suppose that the seats could be moved forward. Thanks in advance for your comments

Weg

Re: Pedal assembly

Post by Weg » Sun May 03, 2020 7:19 pm

2" on the master cylinder rod sounds about right. Could go a bit longer.
You could also have longer threads on the pedals.
The seat back position is adjustable with the side to side bar, drill more holes to get the position you want.
Thickness of the seat back could also be increased.
Good luck.
Tony

Weg

Post by Weg » Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 am

I should have added that if you lengthen the m/c push rod, the peddle assembly must be moved back with fresh holes being drilled in the floor.
Do try to mock-up seating position to get your back, steering wheel and feet in a comfortable position.

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Mon May 04, 2020 11:48 am

Thank you Westendguzzi for your reply.

Doverhay

Post by Doverhay » Tue May 05, 2020 9:51 am

I'm 5'5'' and the 2" extenders work well for me, using the Triking pedal box there is some adjustment on the pedals to help.

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Tue May 05, 2020 12:08 pm

Thanks Doverhay. I am happy I do not need to drill new holes.

Alanla

Post by Alanla » Wed May 06, 2020 10:54 am

Hi,

Its generally a better principle to drill the floor pan in the optimum position and minimise any pushrod extension and pedal pad extension, unless there is another contributing factor -such as rapid adjustment between 2 drivers - is required,. The std floorpan is designed to be drilled in any position up to the point rearwards where it joins the 19mm square cross member.