Laying down harness

Dreamer

Laying down harness

Post by Dreamer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:55 pm

I have today started laying down the Guzzi harness and have fitted the fuse panel and rectifier on the top of the glovebox. Is this ok. From what I can see I think the bonnet will be clear enough. I am going to try and put of photo on this thread. Sorry I am getting a message file too large

Weg

Re: Laying down harness

Post by Weg » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:30 pm

To attach pictures you need to resize to under 512kb.
I put fuses and relays on top of the glove box.
Loads of room.
Attachments
DSC00001aa.jpg

frederick

Post by frederick » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:50 am

...so did I
3F8939CF-E728-4879-9856-2480B02AF5DB.jpeg

peakrock

Post by peakrock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:57 am

One of the challenges of building the Triking is finding a way to mount all the various electrical components in a tidy and methodical way particularly within the constraints of the engine harness. I think this is harder with the older Californias (like mine) which have a large ECU and other components that the later Guzzi engined bikes don't have. On both my Triking builds I fabricated a tray above the passenger footwell to mount these components on as well as a new fusebox and relay box. The ECU in both cases is mounted above the tunnel on a small tray. I've attached a couple of photos of my current build, one before the chassis went to the powder coaters and then afterwards with it coated. There is really no right or wrong way of doing it provided one mounts things like the ECU on rubbers mounts (as it was on the bike) the cables are properly clipped down and not made to go through severe angles and they can't rub together. If you look under the bonnets of the Trikings at a meet you'll probably see many different ways people have mounted their components!

Dave
Attachments
Component-layout-1s.jpg
Component-layout-2s.jpg

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Thank you for the replies and the photos attached. As regards photos I tried to make it smaller but still did not manage. I do not think it is possible with an iPad. I find this very frustrating as I would like to have suggestions from Trikers who have been through this before. However up to now I am managing. As regards lengthening of wires I suppose that you solder the required lengths and cover the connection with heat shrink.

Weg

Post by Weg » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:21 pm

I know nothing about iPads, sure someone will tell you how to do it.
Yep, solder wires together lengthwise securing with heatshrink. Tidy job.
Good luck.

frederick

Post by frederick » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:20 am

Download the “free” app named imagesize (or image size) for the iPad