Any Triking in Sweden?

Berglind

Any Triking in Sweden?

Post by Berglind » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi!

New to this forum and almost to the threewheeled world to. :) I'we grown up around caterhams and lotus but they are out of my league as a teacher. Got my eyes om morgan m3w for a while but they are a bit too expensive to and i like the charm and challenge of things you make yourself. Havent built any complete car yet but keept a few saab v4 alive for many years. Got a small garage and basic tools.

The swedish rules are a bit of a bother, it seems we are not allowed to buy a complete kitcar but can gather parts from differnt supplyers and put it together. Thus i an looking to buy a frame, reverse gear, suspension and some other things from Triking and make most of the rest myself. Dont mind doing electrical stuff and can sew good enough to make the interior, the glasfibre and aluminium parts i can count as sloyd related practice for work.

Does anybody know if there are any Triking in sweden? Would be great to see one in the flesh before ordering for my self.

Regards
/K

Richard and Pat

Re: Any Triking in Sweden?

Post by Richard and Pat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:15 pm

I'll put a note on the Triking Owners Club page on Facebook. Do you have a Facebook account Berglind?
Welcome
Richard

Crozier3

Post by Crozier3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:50 pm

Berglind,
Don't know about Triking population in Sweden but there is a Pembleton in Gotland. According to Google Maps some 5.5hrs from you at 280km.
If you go to "pembletons are go" on their forum ,you'll need to join, there is an ability to ask questions and contact members.
Pembleton are a home build space frame, you supply skin, engine/gearbox etc etc, all based on the French 2CV. Engine can be upgraded to Moto Guzzi and BMW, whatever suit you.
They look very like the Triking
regards Bill

Rune

Post by Rune » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi Kristoffer!

Triking is live in Sweden, and only 200 km from Växjö, more precisely in Veberöd:-)

I built my Triking 2017 with several parts ordered from Triking UK, and always got quick and prof. help/advise whenever calling or mailing.

Me and my wife have enjoyed many great drives with our Triking since it was completed.

You are so very welcome to come and visit us if you like! Just send me an e-mail: runej57@gmail.com and we'll take it from there.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Rune Jönsson

Weg

Post by Weg » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:27 am

Welcome Kristoffer
Have a look at the Triking World Map (link at the bottom of this page when you are logged in)
There is one other pin in Sweden, but we have no details of the car or owner.
Tony

DSU475

Post by DSU475 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:31 am

Hi Kristoffer,
I have one car registered in Sweden on the register, I will contact the owner for you using the details I have, but they may not be 'up to date'.
Kind regards,

Andy.

Berglind

Post by Berglind » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi again!
Sorry for the late reply, could not ansver via my phone so i had to open up the computer even if it's a friday.

Thanks so much for all your replys! It vill be a litte while before i am ready to order, have to finish up and sell the old saab that resides in our garage. I will continue to read you thoughts and advices on this great forum.

Rune - i will send you an email quite soon. Thank you!