Will I fit in a T3?

Brian B

Will I fit in a T3?

Post by Brian B » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi. Just logging in for the first time to say hello and ask " will I fit in a type 3 Triking?" I started off with a BRA, and fitted in that. I built a Blackjack Zero, and fitted in that too. Building a Lykamobile (1901 locomobile replica steam car) at the moment and I should fit on that no bother at all.
I have a dim recollection of sitting in a type 3, at a Stoneleigh kit car show, some years ago. As I recall, it was a tight fit. My steam car build should be completed by this time next year and the new project just has to be a Triking. So the dilemma is, can I live with a type 3, and maybe could buy a used example, or is it gonna' have to be a type 4?
If there is anyone with a type 3 within an hours drive of Doncaster? Could I come round and have a sit in it, and talk Trikings? Thanks in anticipation. Keep it between the hedges!
Brian

Oleg

Re: Will I fit in a T3?

Post by Oleg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Trikings at Stanford Hall Founders Day on Sunday. Would be very pleased to see you there. Certainly will be type 2s & 3s to try. Paul

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:49 am

Founders Day at Stanford Hall Lutterworth just of M1 / M6 / A14 junction LE17 6DH is your best bet. If you want to come a little further down the A1 to Biggleswade you can sit in a T2 and view a T3 in build Brian.

Brian B

Post by Brian B » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Thanks for the information and invitations. I'll get to Stanford Hall on Sunday morning and see if I fit!
Brian

Brian B

Post by Brian B » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:54 am

Thanks for the warm welcome on Sunday and for letting me sit in your T3. The answer to the question posed in this thread is " yes he does fit, but only just." You really do need that removeable steering wheel if you are anything less than slim and fit! All things considered, it's gonna have to be a T4.
So the next plan is to arrange to see the T4 demonstrator and have a good think about it.
keep it shiny side up.
Brian

jtdesign

Post by jtdesign » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Hello Brian,
My type 4 is almost finished and is "on the road" if you want a look and see if you fit. I'm a bit nearer to Donny (about 50 miles) at Matlock. Drop me an email if you want - john at jtdesign dot net.

John