Jersey 2020.

Oily

Jersey 2020.

Post by Oily » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll get together with Sandy to see what we can organise for a meeting over here next year. If y'all have any preferences for dates, then please shout!
I'm thinking perhaps a Friday ferry from either Portsmouth (leaves 9 am ish, takes about 12 hours with a stop in Guernsey) or from Poole (about 4 hours, normally gets in late afternoon), to return Sunday afternoon or Monday.
Normally 2 ferries per day to & from St. Malo for our continental friends, only an hour or so away.
Condor Ferries operate all of these services.
There's not a great deal of driving to do over here, and with some speed limits as low as 15mph, with a max of 40mph, there will be no long high speed runs. BUT........beautiful scenery, relaxed island pace and lovely food.
If I can get an idea of numbers and dates, I'm sure I'll be able to get a discount from Condor, and favourable hotel rates.
All feedback will be appreciated!

Richard and Pat

Re: Jersey 2020.

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:48 am

Hello Oily,
Pat and I would prefer to travel from Poole please and we would like to stay an extra few days once on the Island if possible. If a block booking is all that is available then we will comply.
Telephone number shown in Trifles contact if you need to discuss.
All power to your elbow.
Richard
P.S. Three of us Cannot do 22nd July 2020 for two and a half /three weeks.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Update on previously posted avoid please dates:
P.S. Five cars and driving couples Cannot do 31st July 2020 for three weeks. We will be Wardening a camp site and four cars are headed to Moto Guzzi factory and all PoI's along the way.

bobsmith49a

Post by bobsmith49a » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

Hi chaps. Too early to say what dates are not available. We will fit in with what's available. If we are around we will fit in. Thanks for taking up the challenge of organising the trip.

Bob and Anne.