Caux Retro Classic Car event, Normandy.

DSU475

Caux Retro Classic Car event, Normandy.

Post by DSU475 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:32 am

Hi All,
Just got back from a trip to Normandy for the Caux Retro Classic Car event. This is a very well established annual event for all 'Classic' modes of transport, and in its 26th year.
I took my Type 1 with my daughter Jess and Ian T/S took his Type 3. We stayed in a small cottage in the grounds of a Chateau. Also staying at the Chateau were members of the Teal Owners Club, what a lovely bunch they are. We enjoyed drive outs on the Saturday, flanked by motorcycle outriders, and a car show bringing everyone together on the Sunday.
It would be great to make this an annual event for Triking owners, there is a website detailing all the info you'd need to know about the event, which is held in a small village called Allouville Bellefosse, about 50 or so miles south west of Dieppe near to Yvetot.

Andy.

iant-s

Re: Caux Retro Classic Car event, Normandy.

Post by iant-s » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:36 pm

It was indeed a fine do well worth consideration for a motoring holiday. The Chateau we stayed at was like a museum full of stuff you could just wander about and inspect. The Grand piano is maintained in tune. Michel Allard, the proprieteur was something of a character (in a good way) and the area was picturesque with almost empty, generally well surfaced roads.