Triking National RALLY 2022

Richard and Pat

Triking National RALLY 2022

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:48 am

Post copied and edited from earlier:
Annual Meetup
Post by SIG 4643 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Buxton 2022: [booking details next thread]

This will now be held at the same venue on 15/06/22 to 17/06/22 with an optional extra day on 18/06/22. The format will be ;

Arrive at the Lee Wood Hotel, Buxton on the afternoon of 15th June. There may be a short drive around in the late afternoon if the weather allows. Evening meal at the hotel.

16th June, Drive around the Peak District with stops for lunch and afternoon tea. This will not be too demanding but should prove very a very picturesque run.

A more formal dinner will be held in the evening.

17th June Yet another run around the Peak District with stops at well known sights and tea shops.
A final dinner in the evening

18th Breakfast and depart.

I understand that some of you will have been travelling for hours to get to Buxton so intend to make the runs shorter and hopefully more interesting. There are plenty of sights in Buxton for any passengers that would like to take an opportunity to to go for a walk.

I have asked the hotel to transfer all bookings, but please contact them directly if you would like to take a different course of action.

Let’s hope that we can get there next year!

Regards

Guy

Please NOTE:
Buxton has a big local 'Do/Event' the following week and the hotel we are using is already fully booked for the following week but NOT our session as yet. Apparently it is difficult to get accommodation in Buxton the following week. Did I say the following week is the busy week?
All the best
Richard
Last edited by Richard and Pat on Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richard and Pat

Re: Triking National RALLY 2022

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:54 am

DETAILS OF HOTEL ETC.
Copied from previous threads:
Siggy has arranged a mid week booking for 22 rooms at the Best Western, Lee Wood Hotel, Buxton in the Peak District, for the 2022 Annual Meet-Up, This will now be held on 15/06/22 to 17/06/22 with an optional extra day on 18/06/22.

We will have the sole use of the function room on Wednesday evening and parking should not be a problem. The price quoted is £165 for a double room for Dinner Bed and Breakfast and £105 for single occupancy. The restaurant has the only AA Rosette in town so I'm expecting good food.

The roads surrounding Buxton are real Triking roads with lots of twisty bits (horizontally and vertically) with great scenery, and, as we will be there mid-week, there should be no traffic problems. I will be endeavouring to have something for everybody, especially for passengers.

The routes will be easy with a low number of turns and I'm keen on avoiding a long convoy where the ones at the back have to race to keep up with the leaders, (I've found this quite stressful when I've been in this situation.) We could split up into different groups with different speeds or just set a time slot to be at the next café/stop and drive individually.

The hotel website is www.leewoodhotel.co.uk and the the reference number for the booking is LW015096, a £25 deposit is required.

Cancellation Policy: 1 Month prior to your arrival date any cancellations after this time they will still require full payment for the room.

If I've missed anything, or make a booking please let me know.

SIGGY
Guy Greaves
Last edited by Richard and Pat on Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigno

Post by Jigno » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:25 pm

Arrive Wednesday "use of the function room on Tuesday and Wednesday evening"?

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:48 pm

Only if you have the DMC DeLorean me thinks. I will get the organiser to check my copied and pasted posts.

SIG 4643

Post by SIG 4643 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:44 pm

Well spotted, I was just testing everybody to see who was awake!
To clarify:
Arrive Tuesday 15th, settle in and eat informally in the bar or dining room.
Wednesday 16th Annual dinner in the function room
Thursday. 17th (Optional day) Informal dinner in the function room
Friday Depart

This summer I have been driving round the Peak District searching out the best roads, the superior views and finding superlative pubs. It’s a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

May all Triking owners live for a 1000 years

Guy

bobsmith49a

Post by bobsmith49a » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:43 am

Looking forward to it. Will be an early start from the depths of Norfolk to arrive for Wednesday drive. Still will do our best. Off on Wednesday for the dreaded MOT. Otherwise all is well in Sunny Sheringham now the crowds have departed.
Regards to all.
Bob and Anne

Ps. For Wednesday arrive read Tuesday

peakrock

Post by peakrock » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:37 pm

Hi Bob, Clare and I are also going to the meet travelling from Wymondham - nearer the time we could arrange to meet en route ?

Dave

bobsmith49a

Post by bobsmith49a » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Hi Dave
Sounds a good idea. We drag our Triking behind our estate car as my back can't cope with more than a couple of hours!

Musselermark

Post by Musselermark » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:20 am

Hi Dave
Lorraine and I will be driving up to Buxton in our Triking for the meet. We can chat closer to the time if you wish?
Cheers Mark.

peakrock

Post by peakrock » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:02 pm

Hi Mark, good idea, let's liaise nearer the time.

Cheers Dave