Triking National RALLY 2022

Richard and Pat

Re: Triking National RALLY 2022

Post by Richard and Pat » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:52 pm

Wonderful stuff!
Hotel, Food, Company, Ride outs, Chatter. Variety of Trikings even one JZR [where did you get to Trevor?], everything.
Magician needs work ;-)
rsz_2022 Rally 1.jpg
rsz_2022 Rally 2.jpg
Hear, hear!
Attachments
rtz_5343JPG.jpg

Doverhay

Post by Doverhay » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:54 pm

Another great meet, a big thank you to Guy and all the hotel staff for three great days. Great routes through the countryside with fantastic people and how you managed to provide the sunshine was amazing; however the 196 mile journey home on the other hand was not so sunny, in fact it was pretty wet but got safely home with one coffee stop.
Here’s hoping everyone got home safe, now looking forward to the next meet????

Musselermark

Post by Musselermark » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:59 pm

Hello Guy, Yasco and Tony.
Lorraine and myself would like to thank you all for your time and hard work in organising what turned out to be a fantastic meet. Weather, Hotel and drive outs all worked well and it was fantastic to finally be able to get together with friends.

Jigno

Post by Jigno » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:36 pm

Great first rally for us
Now trying to put names to faces from the pics
How frustrating

If you are the one person we are missing let me know :D

Jdtwoplus

Post by Jdtwoplus » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:18 pm

What a great time I (and my Type 4) had in Buxton. I was a first timer to a Triking Gathering and found you all such a welcoming bunch. The family hotel and sociable dinners made it a very friendly experience.

The stress of the preparation included changing a suspension upright the night before and sorting the tracking on the morning of departure; but I arrived 200 miles later safe and sound. The two days of runs were a great combination of interesting roads and stunning Peak District views, seasoned with decent coffee and lunch stops. The glorious weather helped as well of course. As an experienced run organiser myself I know that events happen only when folk put in the work and time to make things possible, so huge thanks to westendguzzi and SIG4643 for sorting routes around road closures and producing idiot-proof route instructions.

I always like to add my own little contribution to proceedings and managed that after the run on Friday when I picked up a front tyre puncture in the hotel car park. I am reasonably good at tubeless repairs on my Norge and have all the kit, but of course it never occurred to me to consider a flat on a tubed front. So it was a great relief that westendguzzi had not only all the tools needed, but a spare inner tube to go with it, so with useful advice from him and peakrock, I learnt a valuable lesson and now know what I need for when it happens again.

All in all a great experience and 600 miles well spent on three wheels. Thank you.

Oleg

Post by Oleg » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am

A Great Meet and Rally!
Perfect location with excellent accommodation and super driving routes plus the fellowship and friendship Triking ownership brings.
Thank you.
Paul & Chris

Jigno

Post by Jigno » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:30 pm

A revisit to Winnats Pass today
Attachments
IMG-20220620-WA0005.jpg

Weg

Post by Weg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 am

Great picture Mike.

Lovely to see so many positive comments, The Buxton 2022 meet certainly has been a success.
Having helped with the planning, I've had double fun.
Thanks to Guy and Yasko for being the masterminds providing so much pleasure.
Going round again is great, having chance to linger at your leisure.
I didn't think I had caught any video on the GoPro but checking on the memory card, there was the last leg of Friday morning run ending at the book shop.

I've added a little light music for my entertainment. :roll:
Love the way the view and landscape kept unfolding before us on a completely traffic free road.

https://youtu.be/O0DqF5D0qmc

peakrock

Post by peakrock » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:37 pm

Just to echo the comments made - Clare and I really enjoyed the meet as well. I've been to the Peaks lots of times over the years climbing (hence my user name) but hadn't really appreciated the landscapes to such an extent as I did last week. As a bonus there is the opportunity to get a picture of yourself in your Triking from roadrunnerpics.com

I ordered a digital download and a printed photo which arrived today - great service from them.

Dave
Attachments
Triking_Roxy_2022run.jpg

Jdtwoplus

Post by Jdtwoplus » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:24 pm

733E03F3-6854-4C9C-B87B-C4AFC2F1BA49.jpeg
Great pic from roadrunnerpics....