2022 Annual Get-together

EricStarmer

2022 Annual Get-together

Post by EricStarmer » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:28 pm

Is there currently a planned annual get-together in 2022? Afraid I've lost track of the situation after the 2021 get-together was cancelled. Planned on coming over the last two years, but 2020 plans were scuttled by airline problems and 2021 by Covid. If there is a 2022 get-together planned, I figure I could start planning a UK trip around it and hope for the best......

Eric

Richard and Pat

Re: 2022 Annual Get-together

Post by Richard and Pat » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:05 am

Copied from last posting a few months ago:
Annual Meetup
Post by SIG 4643 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Due to the Covid situation, I have had to postpone the annual meet up for another year. This will now be held at the same venue on 15/06/22 to 17/06/22 with an optional extra day on 18/06/22. The format will be ;

Arrive at the Lee Wood Hotel, Buxton on the afternoon of 15th June. There may be a short drive around in the late afternoon if the weather allows. Evening meal at the hotel.

16th June, Drive around the Peak District with stops for lunch and afternoon tea. This will not be too demanding but should prove very a very picturesque run.

A more formal dinner will be held in the evening.

17th June Yet another run around the Peak District with stops at well known sights and tea shops.
A final dinner in the evening

18th Breakfast and depart.

I understand that some of you will have been travelling for hours to get to Buxton so intend to make the runs shorter and hopefully more interesting. There are plenty of sights in Buxton for any passengers that would like to take an opportunity to to go for a walk.

I have asked the hotel to transfer all bookings, but please contact them directly if you would like to take a different course of action.

Let’s hope that we can get there next year!

Regards

Guy

Eric, Buxton has a big local 'Do/Event' the following week and the hotel we are using is already fully booked for the following week but NOT our session as yet. Apparently it is difficult to get accommodation in Buxton the following week. Did I say the following week is the busy week?
All the best
Richard

EricStarmer

Re: 2022 Annual Get-together

Post by EricStarmer » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:10 pm

Thank you, Richard - I thought I had read this some time ago, but then couldn't find it again. Here's hoping that things go better in 2022 than in the last couple of years. Hope to see you (and many others) there !

Eric