Colmworth/Huntingdonshire Trundle 3-10-21

Weg

Colmworth/Huntingdonshire Trundle 3-10-21

Post by Weg » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:14 pm

In the absence of bacon rolls being served at the Colmworth monthly meet this year, several of us are making a day of it with a trundle around Huntingdonshire followed by pub lunch.

Meet at Colmworth Village Hall (which is only just over the border in Beds) from 9am.
Coffee and biscuits for a donation. (Clean loos)
Depart 11 to 11.30 for a gentle run around the traffic free roads of Huntingdonshire to the most northly point.
Followed by pub Sunday lunch in the middle of Huntingdonshire.
6 three wheelers so far, if anyone would like to join in, let me know.
Tony
atdwew@gmail.com

Throwley

Re: Colmworth/Huntingdonshire Trundle 3-10-21

Post by Throwley » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:19 am

Tony - really sorry but I'm not able to make this one now :-(

I managed to get hold of an entry to the Shuttleworth race weekend which is happening on the same day

Weg

Re: Colmworth/Huntingdonshire Trundle 3-10-21

Post by Weg » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Hi all
It is with regret but we feel that we should cancel the Sunday Trundle and lunch after the Colmworth meet due to the fuel situation.
Although I have sufficient petrol for the days run, others may not have and will need to queue to top up. Any one needing to find fuel to make a return journey will be struggling as the current forecourt situation stands.
I feel it is unreasonable to be running a pleasure day when others need the fuel for getting to work.
The weather forecast is looking reasonable so we will probably be going to Colmworth. The extra milage for the Trundle was planned at 65 miles.
I will be cancelling the lunch booking early this evening.

If it ain't one thing, it's another.
Perhaps later in the year or 2022