Annual Meetup

SIG 4643

Annual Meetup

Post by SIG 4643 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Due to the covid situation, I have had to postpone the annual meet up for another year. This will now be held at the same venue on 15/06/22 to 17/06/22 with an optional extra day on 18/06/22. The format will be ;

Arrive at the Lee Wood Hotel, Buxton on the afternoon of 15th June. There may be a short drive around in the late afternoon if the weather allows. Evening meal at the hotel.

16th June, Drive around the Peak District with stops for lunch and afternoon tea. This will not be too demanding but should prove very a very picturesque run.

A more formal dinner will be held in the evening.

17th June Yet another run around the Peak District with stops at well known sights and tea shops.
A final dinner in the evening

18th Breakfast and depart.

I understand that some of you will have been travelling for hours to get to Buxton so intend to make the runs shorter and hopefully more interesting. There are plenty of sights in Buxton for any passengers that would like to take an opportunity to to go for a walk.

I have asked the hotel to transfer all bookings, but please contact them directly if you would like to take a different course of action.

Let’s hope that we can get there next year!

Regards

Guy

Richard and Pat

Re: Annual Meetup

Post by Richard and Pat » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:19 pm

Well done Guy,
Looking forward to it is an understatement.

David Q

Re: Annual Meetup

Post by David Q » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:29 am

Well, I'm very glad to hear this. Even though it's far into the future, I've been in touch with the hotel and asked them to move my existing reservation forwards to the new dates, and I'm _really_ looking forwards to it!

I've not been driving for quite some time now because of a back operation followed by a shoulder operation, but I'm meant to be getting rid of my slingy-thingy (not the official name) next week, the weather is getting a lot better, and I'm also _really_ looking forwards to enjoying some 3-wheel outings in the spring, even just locally. The UK is way ahead of Germany as far as vaccinations are concerned, but I'm optimistic that Avril and I should be done by the end of April, and I'm looking forwards optimistically to more summer fun.

My best wishes to all Triking owners and family members everywhere. I hope to see lots of you in good health later this year or 2022.

David