Oil Filter and Oil Pressure Qs for the T1

Lowpass

Oil Filter and Oil Pressure Qs for the T1

Post by Lowpass » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:26 pm

Now that my interior is done, it's time to change out the oil filter. I haven't done this before but I know you must lift the engine to get the sump off. So motor mounts off, and lift. Do you need to disconnect the driveshaft to get the engine up high enough? Anything else that needs to be disconnected?

Oil pressure. My engine is a '97 Centauro V10. I believe it has an earlier sump (or at least had the sump extension removed) to clear the cross member. I expect it will have a shortened oil pickup to accommodate the shallower sump. I have read in the V10 service manual that oil pressure should be 55psi or so. when I first start the engine cold I get 35-40 psi at idle and 45-50psi at running speed. After the oil gets fully heated, I see 25 PSI at idle and 30-35psi at running speed. Very comfortable with the idle PSI as that is typically the tell tail for worn bearings and the like. Would like to see a little more pressure at running speed. Running 20W-50 high zddp oil ( non synthetic). Have had both the Veglia electronic and a mechanical gauge on the car. They both read the same so I think the indicated pressure is accurate. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Bob