Registering Trikings in Europe

Richard and Pat

Registering Trikings in Europe

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:04 am

Hello everyone,
By any chance, would somebody please clarify if it is possible to homologate a Triking out off UK ? Luxembourg or Germany ? 🤔
Thank you for your help. Thomas K

Trik4ever

Re: Registering Trikings in Europe

Post by Trik4ever » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:46 pm

In Switzerland it is possible if it is a refurbished old one, if possible older than 1980. Building a kit is impossible because it would have to be conform with today's standards (safety, emission control etc.).

Spaniard

Re: Registering Trikings in Europe

Post by Spaniard » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 pm

I was wondering the same thing about getting one registered in Spain. Unfortunately I don't think it is possible but hopefully I am wrong.

I understand modern safety standards but its unfortunate that it has to apply across the board to everything. I highly doubt that there would be millions of Trikings rolling down the roads and then we start having reports of serious injuries all time. In todays world there should be some sort of exemption for this. We all know that Trikings are dangerous (compared to a modern car) and we all accept that. Its part of the excitement. No ABS, airbags, adaptive cruise control, power steering, power brakes. Just pure driving.