T1 Advice please Anyone near Bristol?

Richard and Pat

T1 Advice please Anyone near Bristol?

Post by Richard and Pat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:17 am

At 6’2”, 85kg 33” legs, size 10 1/2 feet. Does anyone think that I would fit in a T1,2or3?
Andy Howe

From our Triking Owners page on FB where there have been some useful answers so far but no one near Andy

Lowpass

Re: T1 Advice please Anyone near Bristol?

Post by Lowpass » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:16 am

Not near Bristol but... I own Chassis # 32 type 1. I am 6'1, 32" inseem, size 11 shoes. I fit, but it's tight. Richard helped me get a 3/4 inch of additional space by modding the pedal assembly (brake and clutch). With flat shoes it is quite workable this way with one exception; no place to rest the left foot, Will add something on the left side to catch a toe when not shifting.

That said, I wouldn't mind another inch or two and/or maybe a little more seat rake to increase the reach to the steering wheel. It's OK stock, but I prefer a more straight arm position.

I am building a new tail for my car as the T1 tail looks a little short compared to the rest of the car to my eye. I plan to build curved seat backs and use a thinner higher density foam to get some additional leg room and rake. This means the new tail will be scalloped to match the seat back curvature,which is a look I also like.

Weg

Re: T1 Advice please Anyone near Bristol?

Post by Weg » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:02 am

Another thing that helps getting in and out is the detachable steering wheel.
Doors will also help the less able bodied, I'll be reporting on my project soon, when it's worth photographing.
Like your plans Lowpass for moving the seat backrest rearwards to give more length inside. Good luck.