Air pressure sensor

Skeomorph

Air pressure sensor

Post by Skeomorph » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:18 pm

Hi,
I'm in the process of placing all the sensors for the fuel injection system on my build and I'm not sure what to do with the air pressure sensor. On a Guzzi, this is plumbed into the induction side of the air filter box, however Trikings don't keep the air box. Do I just leave it open to atmospheric pressure? Or maybe plumb it into to one or both air filters? Wondering what others have done so interested in peoples opinions.
Thanks,
Andy.

Archie

Re: Air pressure sensor

Post by Archie » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:16 am

I have sent a pic to your email address .
Regards

Lowpass

Post by Lowpass » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:27 am

Mine is mounted to a fabricated bracket above the transmission. It was not plumbed to anything, just open to the atmosphere. I did try plumbing it to the end of one of my K&N filters to see if it would make any difference. Didn't do much but seemed a little less stable during heavy acceleration and deceleration. I left the short length of vacuum hose on the sensor and mounted the free end of the hose farther back under the cowl to get it away from the engine. Seems to be fine this way

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:08 am

Carefully cut a slot in the end of the air filter [K&N] and pushed it in there as recommended, works well.

Skeomorph

Post by Skeomorph » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:09 pm

Thanks to all for sharing your solutions, I shall be plumbing the sensor into one of the air filters.
Regards,
Andy.