Quieter exhaust.

Simon.gk

Quieter exhaust.

Post by Simon.gk » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:34 pm

Here in Nova Scotia we are enjoying the Fall Colours, the time when the leaves go a glorious red, orange and yellow. This year they are especially bright but it is a clear warning that it will soon be time to put the cars away for the winter.
In looking at the trips this year there several items to sort out and, as usual, I am looking for guidance, opinions and direction.
The first issue is that of noise. I got lots of help on the resonance issue but none on the exhaust. I have Norton style reverse cones and they are ok when trundling at minimum throttle but really, really load when pushing. There have even been reference to Harley Davidsons, yikes, so there has to be a more acceptable answer. I want it to sound like a motoguzzi but in a refined sort of way ;) https://tailgunnerexhaust.com/gallery/
I liked the lafranconis on my LeMans 3 back in the day so am wondering how the High Performance ones compare.
The basic shell of the garage is now up as they build our new house so I have measuring out how to get the Triking and the Elise into it. They are going to be very good friends and yes, I do know how lucky I am to have such a problem.
Stay safe.

Weg

Re: Quieter exhaust.

Post by Weg » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:48 pm

If you want it to sound like a Guzzi, use Guzzi silencers.
I have the original silencers from my donor Calli 1100i on mine.
Nice crisp note on acceleration but calm enough when cruising at any speed.

ps: Can you please take a picture of your Triking with all those gorgeous fall colors in the background and send to me for the calendar. Thank you.
Tony

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:57 am

I have the standard Guzzi silencers off the donor a 2002 EV and love the sound. I have experienced the Brooklands cans and can confirm they made my ears bleed!

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:46 am

Andrew French has http://www.keihan.co.uk/
Peashooters as per Norton commando and they make a lovely sound without being noisy.

steveO

Post by steveO » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi,
I use EMGO silencers here in Calgary. Think I paid around $60 US each. At that price almost disposable.
They have been on for about 4 years and good quality. Nice V twin sound louder than my MG Convert, but nothing like as loud as the various HDs I have owned.
Seems there web site is down for maintenance so cant send link. My series one is in the Triking calendar
Steve