Exhaust System

Doverhay

Exhaust System

Post by Doverhay » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 am

As westendguzzi (Tony) as already shown, the engines used on the T2 and T3 Trikings can run perfectly well without the cross pipe and two expansion boxes; however, no technical data to prove or disprove Tony's gut feel and basically, that's what we all go on when we lack diagnostic facilities.
The reason I bring this topic up is because I notice that the T4 design doesn't seem to have these parts in its design (not yet fortunate to see the T4 up close; however, pictures seem to show this), which seems to back up the idea of its redundancy.
One of the reasons I would like to get rid of the cross pipe system is because it repeatedly gets a thumping from any road furniture such as sleeping policemen etc. has anyone have any real proof of its necessity or can I, like Tony, safely remove it from my T3?
Alan has always favoured the system and yes it was in Tony Divey's original concept, but now the T4 seems to have removed the need for them perhaps he could enlighten us all on what he thinks today.
Just read the write up on the T4 in the October issue of Complete KITCAR mag, it looks a great car and all credit due to Alan's great work in keeping this marque alive, well done Alan and Nicki....
Attachments
image1.JPG

Oily

Re: Exhaust System

Post by Oily » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:14 pm

I was speaking to Alan about this........my carb set-up isn't perfect and l/h runs richer than the r/h. Alan suggested a balance pipe might help, and any diameter will do the job, it doesn't have to match to stock exhaust diameter. A job for the winter methinks!

Weg

Post by Weg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:15 am

Oily wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:14 pm
l/h runs richer than the r/h.
Have you checked:---
Fuel delivery to both carbs is the same, a header swill pot could help.
Float height.
Same slide cut-away on both sides.
Needle positions and needle jet size.

Could just be that one side needs a different setting.

Doverhay

Post by Doverhay » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am

I really can’t see how a balance pipe would help with the fuelling problem, it sounds more like a carburettor problem as Tony has stated.