Lift table or stand

Spaniard

Lift table or stand

Post by Spaniard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 pm

I have been contemplating some sort of a hydraulic or pneumatic lift table to facilitate service. The other option would be a set of jack stands that are stable enough to safely get under the car to service the fuel filter and pump and just basic visual inspection. Ideally it would be something that is low enough that one could drive over it in the garage and then raise it to do perform service work.

How are other Triking owners handling getting under the car when needed or lifting the car to a comfortable height? I am limited space in the garage which is why a nice low lift table would be nice.

Thanks

Ivan

colinc

Re: Lift table or stand

Post by colinc » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Hi there,

The solution that I adopted to this during the build and one I intend maintaining when complete is two chain hoist off the garage roof to lift it on to a build cradle (aka timber trolley on wheels at a comfortable height).

I am obviously in the fortunate position of having suitably strong roof trusses but as the whole thing only weighs 300 something kg nothing too crazy needed in this respect.

Good luck

ColinC,.

Spaniard

Post by Spaniard » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:04 am

It would be nice to have a hoist from the ceiling for many applications. I unfortunately don't have anything to hang them from.

I built the car on some metal saw horses and that worked well except for getting it down. I would love to get it raised to that height again but have some easy, safe and quick way to do it.

Weg

Post by Weg » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:31 am

This is the kit that I use for getting my T3 Triking on and off build stand, takes me about 20mins single handed.
The high lift jack is used (on left side close to wheel, with boot off and spare petrol can removed) to lift the back up enough to get the small trestle under chassis.
I have a small metal square welded to chassis to prevent jack slipping but a bolt through the floor would be adequate.
Next lift the front end up with h/l jack, using the badge bar tube through front of chassis. This is when you find out that there is more weight on one side than the other.
Place the 2 big trestles under the front wheels, with wooden chocks to prevent rolling.
Return to rear with jack and lift up further to be able to slide under my wheeled build trolley.
Lower the back onto trolley.
Lift front, remove big trestles then lower front onto trolley.
Now ready to push around the workshop.
Note: I have stabilisers welded to the h/l jack.
Warning. Lifting any vehicle off the floor is a risk, take care. I accept no responsibility if it goes wrong.
Attachments
IMG_0865a.jpg

Widdup

Post by Widdup » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:27 am

I use a wooden fence post located just in front of the rear wheel, Jack it up with a small trolley jack in the middle of the post and place axle stands at either end. Do the same at the front with another fence post under the chassis in front of the engine. Quick, stable and easy but won’t achieve the height of other methods mentioned.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:36 pm

Following an expensive bout of damage to another car when jacking the Triking to get it onto boxes made from Scaffold planks I immediately downed tools and sent for a set of these and can thoroughly recommend them and the company that supply them. https://cjautosheywood.co.uk/product/hy ... ity-cr012/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKm_TgBpOBU
I bought the heavier duty ones but could have spent a little less with the 900kg set as the Triking is around the 360Kg mark.
rsz_Ramp 6.jpg
rsz_ramps_1.jpg
rsz_Ramp 4.jpg
rsz_triking_dolly_with_padding.jpg

Spaniard

Post by Spaniard » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:58 pm

I like the red little flat jack / lift. Three of those might just get it high enough to put it on a stand like the blue one you have. Time to get the welder out make a stand and find a set of flat jacks.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Ivan