CORNER WEIGHTS

Throwley

CORNER WEIGHTS

Post by Throwley » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:05 am

Anyone happen to know the corner weights for a non-reversing T1 (ideally, T2/3 would give me an indication)?

I've looked and not found, but wanted to check the ballpark figures before starting to fiddle with the front sus.

Thanks!

Richard and Pat

Re: CORNER WEIGHTS

Post by Richard and Pat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Squeaker is 360Kg in total when weighed at the yard in Biggy but as to the corners I don't know but Mark C might.

V10Mike

Post by V10Mike » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 am

Hmmm, even if you know the corner weights I'm not sure how it's going to help you? Unlike a four wheel car, you can't change the corner weights on a three-wheeler by adjusting the suspension. The only adjustment possible is to ride height at each corner, and the corner weights will stay the same.

Because the driver/passenger is such a big proportion of the overall kerb weight there is probably some advantage in setting ride height in the loaded configuration -for instance if the car is normally used with driver only, with a little more preload on the right front.

Oily

Post by Oily » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Richard and Pat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:10 pm
Squeaker is 360Kg in total when weighed at the yard in Biggy but as to the corners I don't know but Mark C might.
The rat is a slender 230kg!

Throwley

Post by Throwley » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:55 am

V10Mike wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 am
Hmmm, even if you know the corner weights I'm not sure how it's going to help you?
I have rather soft springing at the front and what I think are over-long shocks. If I'm getting shorter / stiffer units I'd like to know what weights they'll be working with before speaking to the part suppliers about spring rates/damping. Obvs. I'll be weighing it ballasted, but wanted a ballpark to work out if I can use the scales I've got for the job, or if I'll need to source something more robust, as I no longer have access to the weighing pads at work!