Guzzi Diag

Richard and Pat

Guzzi Diag

Post by Richard and Pat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Now then, has anyone on here successfully used GuzziDiag please? I have copied the map from Squeaker [T2] saved it and then written it on to Austin [T3]. It runs well and ticks over at 1100 RPM but at the higher rev range it is not so smooth.

Musselermark

Re: Guzzi Diag

Post by Musselermark » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:39 pm

I think it is important to reset your throttle position sensor after changing map ???? Might be wrong though.

Spaniard

Post by Spaniard » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:08 pm

I downloaded a new map using Guzzi diag and it seems to be working well. I did notice it to run a little smoother but not that much difference.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:27 pm

That was then this is now.
The new car is ready to go except it won't. It spits and farts and occasionally runs at low throttle openings and bogs at anything like a full throttle. I have had the TPS in every imaginable position including set with the previously mentioned GD.
It is running lean, very lean hence the spitting as the ECU injects a little extra petrol to cool the piston if what the man on you tube tells me is correct.
GD will not change the CO reading no matter what temperature the engine is at.
Welcome to wits end.

jtdesign

Post by jtdesign » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:00 pm

The engine must be running for GD to adjust the CO trim setting.
The trim will adjust on 15M ECUs and 15RC ECUs with the lambda probes disabled. If the lambdas are still active then CO trim is ignored.

John.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:49 am

Thank you John,
The engine was running each time I tried either at at 60+ and 80+ degrees. I have no Lambda probes.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 am

How to switch off Lambda probes that is the question? Does the 2002 Cali EV even have probes?

Nigel [PO] took Lambda probes out and told me it had been an experiment and he had replaced them with bungs. At my request Alan kindly welded new pipe ends removing unsightly Lambda mountings in the process. I cannot find reference to them being on the bike so far, advice welcome please.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:12 am

We are done!
The new Triking runs and boy does it run.
The problem was solved by an old email from a good friend. I had noted that the fuel pressure was around the twenty PSI mark and thought no more about it. I understood when replacing the standard, bike Fuel Pressure Switch [FPS] it was used straight out of the box and did not need adjusting. Also that the adjustment was through the hole in the top should it be necessary.
Searching through the old mails to find the one recommending the tappet sizes for inlet and exhaust just to check, as I started yet again to go through a set up, I came across a mail answering a question in 2017 [!] It mentioned a requirement of 40 to 42 PSI from the FPS in the return line. A light bulb moment, a little checking, and looking at pictures of the FPS and sure enough a long grub screw is fitted in the 'adjustment hole' previously spotted. Now I look closely it has a thread in it. Fitted screw and nut adjusted to give 42PSI at the FPS and start him up. WOW! We are on a winner.
Thank you to all those who answered here on the forum, on FB and sent messages, much appreciated.
Attachments
rsz_rsz_rear_three_qtr.jpg
rsz_front three qtr.jpg

Spaniard

Post by Spaniard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Good to know you found the culprit. The Triking looks good. I had to do a double take as i thought it was mine. Very similar colors.