MYSTERY OBJECT

Throwley

MYSTERY OBJECT

Post by Throwley » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:50 pm

During the rather excellent Huntingdonshire run on Wednesday I managed to lose my indicator stalk from the column of my T1. It was easier to take the front cowl off to extricate the harness, once it was off I noticed the pictured object lurking behind the brake pedal. I've never seen one of these before and have no idea where it needs to be! Has anyone any idea of what this is and where it should be?

It's the one on the left; despite having three university age 'children' I do still remember what a two pound coin looks like.

Weg

Re: MYSTERY OBJECT

Post by Weg » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:34 pm

First thing that springs to mind is a brake calliper shim.
Might be wrong.

Throwley

Post by Throwley » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:35 pm

The photos don't show the thickness; it's about 1mm thick steel, coined, tumbled and plated. A substantial and nicely-made piece obviously designed to fulfil an important function, which is why I'm a bit worried about it!

V10Mike

Post by V10Mike » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:53 pm

It's a retention clip, usually used to hold something that passes through a panel. It slides into two slots milled into the penetrating part of the component to be retained. What that component is I have no idea! Could also be used to hold something in position on a shaft against a shoulder.