First MOT after MSVA ?

peakrock

First MOT after MSVA ?

Post by peakrock » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:47 am

It's been a year since I first registered my Triking after the MSVA and the DVLA inform me that it requires an MOT before it can be retaxed. I was under the impression that it's not required until 3 years after first registration. Does anyone know for sure whether the 3 year exemption should apply or is everyone's experience that an MOT was necessary after the first year?

Thanks

Dave

Richard and Pat

Re: First MOT after MSVA ?

Post by Richard and Pat » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:20 am

Dave, Squeaker was registered with an age related number and had to have an MOT the first year. The T3 was registered as a new car and given a new number, this required an MOT three years after the registration process.
What does your V5 say in terms of when registered?
I hope this helps.

peakrock

Post by peakrock » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:53 am

Hi Richard, mine shows as registered on 01/01/2021 though I submitted enough proof of content from the donor to get an age related registration number. I did in fact purchase a personalised number plate which they issued at the time of registration but I don't think that alters anything...

I guess it might be worth an email to the DVLA as it's a bit cold and unpredictable at this time of year to book an MOT and drive there on the day!

Thanks Dave

Musselermark

Post by Musselermark » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi Dave
I was allocated an age related number plate( 1981) to engine, gearbox, bevel box etc. But registration on v5 is 2014. I needed an mot after 12 months.