Oil catching tank

Richard and Pat

Oil catching tank

Post by Richard and Pat » Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 am

This is a message I received from Dom in France, he has a very nice T1. Can anyone help please? I have translated with a little help from Google and edited slightly.
Hello,
For my personal understanding, can you give me the explanation of how the oil vapor recycling works on the Guzzi engine.
In the lower part of the tank capacity, there is a tube in relation to the motor crankcase and the little one goes to the canister ...
Is it possible to have a diagram on the principle of operation?
Thank you in advance Dom.

Richard and Pat

Re: Oil catching tank

Post by Richard and Pat » Wed May 27, 2020 3:44 pm

With the aid of Google: Sur le dessus du carter, il y a un * tube vertical en acier à l'intérieur ici est un clapet anti-retour qui permet à l'huile de revenir dans le moteur. Un brouillard d'huile est généré par le fonctionnement des pistons dans les deux sens. Cette brume doit être capturée et autorisée à se condenser et à retourner dans le moteur. Petits tubes des culbuteurs au fond du grand tube à cartouche * au reniflard du moteur.
On top of the crankcase there is a *steel upright tube inside here is a check valve that allows oil to drain back into the engine. An oil mist is generated by the functioning of the pistons going back and forth. This mist needs to be captured and allowed to condense and run back into the engine. Small tubes from the rocker boxes into canister large tube canister bottom to * engine breather pipe.