front rim size and recommended tire (ok tyre)

frederick

front rim size and recommended tire (ok tyre)

Post by frederick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:06 pm

front rim size is not listed on any of the spec lists and the parts link on the home page is el morte.

I'm guessing 18" dia? what's the width and recommended tire profile. I notice the demo T4's fronts appear more rounded and motorcycle-ish...you can tell by the dirt and wear pattern in the T4's front view in that kit car's article (attached).
TRIKING FRNT WHEEL.jpg
Is that for easier/quicker steering? I note in pics of the M3 the front tires are more flattish like you'd see on a sidecar.

Tacking this question on for convenience...what is the actual benefit of those oversize rocker box covers besides appearance.

Weg

Re: front rim size and recommended tire (ok tyre)

Post by Weg » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:03 am

Well Fred, I never looked at the tyre size, but I can't see Al deviating from the standard Triking 18".
I'm running 400 x 18 MC Heidenau sidecar type tyres, designed for an upright position as opposed to bike tyres that lean over. Makes sence to me.
They give excellent grip wet or dry, you do have to read the road surface with any 3 wheeler and drive accordingly. Just saying!
Mine have done 9000mls so far and still have 2mm to go before the wear indicator strips.
As for the rocker covers-------corporate branding ------- have heard it said they reduce valve train rattle.
Attachments
DSC03205a.jpg