Fuel gauge heads up.

frederick

Fuel gauge heads up.

Post by frederick » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:33 pm

This caused me 4 months of grief...the recommended tank insert is available from several sources.

The one recommended to me inserted into the tank beautifully and hooked up seamlessly yet I could not get it to send an accurate signal to the Norge ECM (I'm using the bike's stock instrument cluster) no matter what I tried. First I thought it was a bad ground as I had "thoughtfully" put in a thin insulating pad between tank and chassis not realizing the mounting should be metal to metal and remove any possibility of a bad ground. With that rectified bare metal to bare metal and still not right I pulled the float insert out and discovered I had left in the pin inserted to immobilize the float during shipping from the manufacturer. It was right there, big yellow sticker holding the pin in place with big black letters reading: "remove before installation." Yet to do is final gauge calibration with the help of Triking guru John Thorpe.
GUZZI DASH.jpg
While I'm still chasing a couple of error codes, the trike is finally on the road and slowly getting accustomed to it's owner.
T4 3_8_21.jpg

peakrock

Re: Fuel gauge heads up.

Post by peakrock » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:39 am

It's often the little things that catch you out as I know to my own cost...

I really like the color scheme, smooth and subtle...

Dave

frederick

Re: Fuel gauge heads up.

Post by frederick » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:42 pm

Thanks! Color is a 2020 Volvo White Pearl...beat out BRG by a hair for its higher visibility in my northern California vehicle battlegrounds. To help stand out even more i rigged an LED mast from Tribal Whips. An optional module turns the whip all red when braking.