Traction Control for Triking.

Weg

Traction Control for Triking.

Post by Weg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:58 am

I read with interest, essay by Blue, Ed at 100%Biker mag, that all motorcycles over 125cc sold in EU must have ABS braking system.
From a safety point, this is probably a good thing, de-skilling riding a bike so youngsters don’t have to learn how to handle road conditions. Huh?
So, the abs will filter down to the trusty donor bike for the Triking T4, adding complexity to a vehicle which is home built and maintained. Or will we be able to?
Plugging in to the computer is now the norm for fuel injected engines, will we next need to for traction control tweaking?
The last of the cars completely owner maintainable with minimal tool kit seems to have been the Ford Cortina MkII ilk.
With bikes, those with carburettors, although many special tools have always been needed.
We drive Trikings for the thrill of being in control, snugly fitted in the cockpit, feeling what the road condition is, in a car that was hand built.
I for one don’t want proximity sensing with auto-braking or lane-wander correction to tell me how fast or slow I can drive.
Just saying-------

Doverhay

Re: Traction Control for Triking.

Post by Doverhay » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi Tony, if I want that sort of control I’ll just put the wife in the passenger seat😉😂

EricStarmer

Re: Traction Control for Triking.

Post by EricStarmer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:43 pm

:lol: