Morgan Super 3

peakrock

Morgan Super 3

Post by peakrock » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:41 am

During idle moments I browse eBay, Car and Classic etc seeing what's around in the 3 wheeler world (I know, I should get a life) and came across a couple of ads for the Morgan Super 3. Quite honestly I find the price rather astonishing, everything seems to be extra and this example for instance comes in at £55,640, and it could be more.

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1528130

I quite like the design and concept although the picture with this ad doesn't really do it justice, but it seems a serious amount of money for something so basic. Each to his/her own of course but it makes the Triking seem very good value for money!

iant-s

Re: Morgan Super 3

Post by iant-s » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:33 pm

Choice of engine is great - long links with Ford, but the design styling is just potty in my view. Why didnt they take cues from the F type?
Others might say they wanted to create a totally new image within the 3 wheeler philosophy.
Apparently the rear drive still whines and wails according to one review I read. So I will stick to my Triking thanks.

Jdtwoplus

Post by Jdtwoplus » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:42 am

I happened across a Harley (sorry S&S :lol: ) engined one on a forecourt the other day and as a Type 4 owner was shocked at how narrow these cars are. There is very little space. It seemed long and high as well but that may just be an optical illusion. It is a lot of money for very little.

EricStarmer

Post by EricStarmer » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:27 pm

Tow it behind your Cybertruck (when you get it)
Too "industrial" for me.......

Doverhay

Post by Doverhay » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:05 pm

You’re right, a great little car but far too expensive, but I guess if you can afford an expensive toy then you’ll have a similar amount of fun as I get with my Triking!

Weg

Post by Weg » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:53 am

With loads of money one can buy expensive toys with plug in diagnostics and have lots of fun.

With skill and time one can build a Triking for great satisfaction and lots more fun.