DVLA forms HELP!

Richard and Pat

DVLA forms HELP!

Post by Richard and Pat » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:19 pm

Happy New Year one and all.
And on that note can anyone help with some advice please?

I have two friends [Oh yes I have] who are about to register their cars this year. What advice do you have for filling in the forms please? Does anyone one have copies of their application they could cover the numbers and forward by email please?

Thank you on behalf of A Type 1 in Norfolk and a Type 3 in Pinner. All parts supplied by Alan I believe.

peakrock

Re: DVLA forms HELP!

Post by peakrock » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:56 pm

Hi Richard

The first step is to apply for the MSVA, once that is passed they can apply for the V5C.

The MSVA form can be downloaded here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... val-msva-1

I think it's fairly self explanatory, once it's completed you have to apply for the actual test, there is a link at the bottom of the same page. You should be able to choose a date and test centre.

Once the MSVA has been passed you then need to register it, this website is helpful.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration ... t-vehicles

If they want an age related registration number (eg the year of the donor)then they need to prove a certain percentage of parts have been reused from the donor.

I only have my completed form from my first Triking (2015) which may not be that helpful. I'll have a look on my PC in case the more recent one is lurking around. I normally keep these sort of documents.

Happy New Year !

Dave

Weg

Post by Weg » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:16 pm

Dave, you beat me to it.

Richard, I'm emailing you a copy of my application (without names) as pdf which has all the right boxes ticked.
Hope this helps. :idea:

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:46 pm

Thank you Chaps,
So far the T1 has passed MSVA and the T3 is going to Alan's shortly.
What we need are the heads up for filling in the forms to get the registration from the DVLA at Swansea. There are three types of form and we hope to be going for a NEW registration number.

Robmason

Post by Robmason » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:06 pm

Good afternoon,

I registered a T4 last year, built by Alan/Mark/Triking.

Attached (hopefully) is the letter I sent the DVLA which contains a list of the various documents you need to send them. I've also added some help notes in red.

As I've noted in the letter, they only allow one "used" item, normally the engine, if you want to register it as new. They will require receipts to prove that the other bits are new.

Hope this is helpful. Contact me by email if you need any more help

Rob Mason
Attachments
DVLA - Letter and docs for registering Triking, Template for Triking Members.docx
(16.75 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:34 pm

Thank you Rob,
I'll pass this on.