When Morgan Meets Triking

Ironman523

Re: When Morgan Meets Triking

Post by Ironman523 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:40 am

I owned a Morgan 3 wheeler Brooklands edition for over a year so am probably well placed to express an opinion on it. Quite simply it remains the most fun I have ever had in a car and is the reason I am going to build a type4 Triking. However it also remains the biggest nightmare in my experience of owning new vehicles. Countless journeys back to the dealership, once returned ro the factory, oil leals,engine management lights,several cracked exhausts, thing was a bloody nightmare. Mine was mint because I looked after it, however I saw several where people just used them in all weathers etc and the deterioration rate was horrendous. The finish was dreadful. Put simply the engine is too much for the car and is not suited to the application, It will just shake itself to bits, The guzzi engine is far smoother and wont destroy the drivetrain.
BUT On a sunny day with your goggles on there was nothing better. I am hoping to build something similar to the Morgan,but with more power and smoother delivery hopefully it will be better. Aero Screens for a visceral experience and a nice sounding exhaust.
Wish id bloody kept the Morgan though, have you seen the price of them now, if id kept it would have been worth more than I paid for it. I woukdnt buy one now, too much money, and I know how unreliable they are.