Best day to drive a Triking?

peakrock

Best day to drive a Triking?

Post by peakrock » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:00 pm

The answer of course is every day but....

Took the Triking out on a 25 mile run today on quiet Norfolk roads with a mix of tight/open corners, long straights, mostly smooth road surfaces and perfect gear changes (yes - it makes a change!). Best of all though, it was a crisp Autumn day with bright sunshine so the 360 degree view from the cockpit of the autumn colours was fantastic. Definitely a run for the Triking memory banks...

Dave

Weg

Re: Best day to drive a Triking?

Post by Weg » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:19 am

Keep it up Dave.

I would have been out in Edith but I had my booster jab on Monday, wasn't feeling up to it.
Had to do the run to the grave of my uncle killed in WW1 in the tintop.
Would have been perfect in a Triking. Traffic free dry roads, sunshine, beautiful autumn colours on the route to Upton, Huntingdonshire.

EricStarmer

Post by EricStarmer » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:09 pm

I also went for a drive yesterday - sunny, crisp autumn day when I left, but big clouds were building in the west, and I could see rain on the horizon, so knew I had to hurry. Great drive - colours this year seem brighter than usual, maybe because it's been drier than usual. Stopped on the way back to take a photo of the Triking with a beautiful rainbow in the background, but by the time I was able to take the photo, the rainbow was gone, of course :( Continued on home, but had mistimed it, and was in a squall with lots of rain the last 3 miles - worried about trees falling on the roadway, and used the wipers for probably the second time since I've had the car - the driver's side one worked somewhat, but the other one had a Parkinson's affliction which I need to fix. Discovered (again) that no, the rain does not get blown over one's head by the windscreen , and can be quite painful . Still glad I went out - supposed to rain continuously for the next several days.......

frederick

Post by frederick » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:16 am

Send some of that rain down south, please. ;-)

Jigno

Post by Jigno » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Found out the limitations of a single rear wheel yesterday. You know the type of road ...single track....mud/grass in the centre. The slip sliding on the back wheel was a new experience!
#biglearningcurve

Doverhay

Post by Doverhay » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:47 pm

A trip out to Dunster Castle today, great drive on dry roads and the sun trying to pop out, at least it was dry and fairly warm.
Attachments
D423460F-40C9-4B55-A936-5054A2D76871.jpeg

Weg

Post by Weg » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:34 pm

I checked out a Huntingdonshire back road today that I have used since I was a teenager.
It runs past the 'Holme Posts', which shows how much the peat fen soil has shrunk over the last 150 years since the area was drained.
In the spring I took the Triking there but was a complete idiot not to have turned round and gone back over the busy main northern railway.
It was deep pot holes for over 2 miles, with very little original tarmac surface left.
It was a delight today to discover that the complete loop of what is little more than farm access, completely re-built.
The picture shows what has already started to happen with heavy farm use.
More details about the area here
https://www.greatfen.org.uk/about-great ... -fen-posts
Attachments
DSC00585a.jpg

EricStarmer

Post by EricStarmer » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:56 am

Tony - why is only the middle of one side of the road
worn ? Do you have a studded tyre on the rear ? :)