Windscreen Wipers

Weg

Windscreen Wipers

Post by Weg » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:24 am

To get through the MSVA with a windscreen fitted, you need to have wipers and a demister.
So, in practical terms the screen is not fitted until after the MSVA. Let’s not worry about any retro-fit.
We all like to go out in the dry but we can get caught out. With ‘Rainex’ on the screen it will allow the air flow to keep the screen clear provided you are going over 30-40mph. Under that speed your vision will be seriously impaired.
That is the point in time when wipers are essential not just for your own safety but other road users and pedestrians (inc here sheep, cows, deer, goats).
If you are building or having one built, think seriously about including wipers in the spec.
It’s a small price to pay for a safer Triking.
Tony
Attachments
IMG_0193a.jpg

peakrock

Re: Windscreen Wipers

Post by peakrock » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:49 pm

I was really glad of them at last years Yorkshire meet in the torrential rain on the Saturday. They look tiny but are surprisingly effective and worked happily for hours!

Doverhay

Post by Doverhay » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:13 am

Now I’ve owned and driven a Triking now for seven years, if I had to advise on what was important areas to consider when ordering your build, I would suggest the following as important components:
Reverse gear option
Touring windscreen and wipers (fitted after SVA)
15” rear wheel
I would also suggest to fit stainless steel options wherever offered for longevity.
And for the engine, although I’m old school when it comes to fuelling, I would now opt for fuel injection rather than carbs.
However, whatever you decide the drive always brings on the Triking smile, not only to you, but everyone you drive by. 😀

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 pm

I agree wholeheartedly Richard.
Wipers are going on Wipee.