Welcome Gavin

Weg

Welcome Gavin

Post by Weg » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 am

Welcome to the New Triking Forum Gavmel, from way up in the Highlands.

gavmel

Re: Welcome

Post by gavmel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Good day to you all.

A little bit of history has been unveiled in my man shed. After about 20 years, or more, I have decided to restore the Mk1 Triking I my wife and I had fun in in the late 80's and early 90's. We toured the Loire and several parts of the UK in it and now after early retirement I finally have the energy and time to allocate some resources to the beast in the north.
The donor was a Mk2 LeMans and having bought the kit from Tony in '89 and picked it up in a Transit in the autumn, didn't really spend as much time on cosmetic and debugging before (in my haste) using it as the winter was about to arrive.
I lent it to a pal in '93 and with work, moving house, etc. etc. it moved from shed to shed and I picked at it, unfortunately more dis-assembly took place and latterly it has languished more or less in bits and cardboard boxes.
I made a couple of lists of things to do during the run time and am now starting to evaluate the task ahead. I suspect Alan will be sick of me calling for a chat in due course but hopefully this time next year she, for it is a she, will be back in operation.
I have folder of stuff which should help and several years of Trifles (always meant to scan and .pdf them for historical purposes - another task) when they were edited by Bill, John, Dave, and co. Whilst working in London for 4 years we visited the delightful Walter and Punch.
So much for the heritage of my Triking - a pretty shabby machine at present however....

I attach some pics (hopefully) of earlier years and the state now purely for some comedy :-)
The order is 'a' about 't' but I can't see how to re-order the attachments.

Wish me luck please!

Gavin Meldrum.
Black Isle, just north of Inverness, Scotland.
Attachments
IMG_9720.jpeg
The 9" angle grinder is not required!
IMG_9742D.jpeg
Some other time: Rothes - whisky country. Hence the smiles in the rain.
IMG_9741D.jpeg
First run: Loch Ness
IMG_9740D.jpeg
Off to pick up the glass with Tony!
Gavin MacBain Meldrum
Guzzi power! V50 MkII, V7 Stone, Sportie 1100 i.e. & Audace 1400. Triking Mk1 850.

Weg

Re: Welcome

Post by Weg » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Good luck Gavin.
There is still a pin in the Triking World Map (link at bottom of Home page) from times past. You are the furthest north in UK that we know of.

gavmel

Re: Welcome Gavin

Post by gavmel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 am

So I see (pin). Was the original forum deleted? I tried to get on this one with my original passwords etc but noticed in the members list I didn’t exist. No matter. I think when I bought mine there were two in Scotland: one in Edinburgh (the owner ran the Edinburgh Festival Jazz event) and one based at Helensburgh.
I have their names somewhere. I have some heritage owners lists too which might assist anyone who wants to know the previous owners as of the 90s and year 2000 - I think.
Anyhow back to sorting out the man shed to gain work space for laying out the bits to sort and fettle. It’s a balmy 10C here today - most unusual for late January. When the cold snap and snow does appear I can look at the engine - top end inspection and decoke etc. Indoors!
Gavin MacBain Meldrum
Guzzi power! V50 MkII, V7 Stone, Sportie 1100 i.e. & Audace 1400. Triking Mk1 850.

Weg

Post by Weg » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:46 pm

You can access the old forum but it is not active. You cannot post on there but you can copy.
Go to ‘Quick links’ top left this page, it will give you links for access to General discussion, Technical and all sorts of pictures from about 2013.
I did scan and archive some of the old Trifles (hard work) and hey ho, your name is in there. (archive tab)
The Forum tab on there will bring you back to this forum.
Happy browsing!
Tony

Andy (DSU475) is the keeper of the register, sure he would love to get any information you may have about cars and there owners.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Whilst we still have a few of the original Triking owners to guide us newcomers, take a bow Alan, Tony C, Stephen T, Phil, Axel and his German crew, inc Juergen, Steve E, Roger, Pierre, Paul W, Jaynee, Tom, Bob, Andy, [who have I forgotten please? Help me identify all of them as I want stories from them by chat or in writing. Some already have contributed; thank you Roger, Bob and Stephen.] it is even better find out that we are now in touch with yet another; Welcome back to the forum Gavin as it is obvious you never left the fold.
I hope we get to meet sometime
If you have any stories you would like to send for publication in the current run of Trifles I would be most grateful as the present incumbent of the editor's chair. Five so far.
If you 'do' Facebook we also have a Triking Owners Club page for Triking and other three-wheeler owners.
All the best with your rebuild
Richard