Folding cover for Triking

Cossie

Folding cover for Triking

Post by Cossie » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:43 am

Morning, I'm looking into buying a Triking, but don't have any under cover storage. I wonder if any other owners have used or could recommend a canvas folding pram type cover that would fit the small size required. Thanks Simon Costin

Richard and Pat

Re: Folding cover for Triking

Post by Richard and Pat » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:46 am

Nigel Norton used to keep his under a folding garage [pram hood type] in his front garden. There are several but the main issue is holding them down. Solve that and you are away.
Triking:
Overall length 3.1 metres
Overall width 1.5 metres [depending on suspension choice]
Overall height 1 metre
Wheelbase 2.25 metres
Weight 360 kilograms

http://www.cover-systems.co.uk/car-cove ... arages.htm

https://www.canvasandnylon.co.uk/portable-garages/

frederick

Post by frederick » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:02 am

I (wife actually) made a simple cover from two “king’ fitted sheets…sketch here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=333&p=2115&hilit=Car+cover#p2115

No reason why one couldnt be easily made from two (ahem) moisture resistant fitted sheets.

Cossie

Post by Cossie » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:51 am

Thanks for the replies.

Throwley

Post by Throwley » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:46 am

Not sure where you are in Beds, but just over the border in Rushden are Cover Systems. They do readymade and bespoke covers which although of a lighter material than I was expecting, work well and are durable. I think they also offer a pram hood type cover for larger bikes which may fit a Triking (after all, they're slightly smaller than a Goldwing), probably worth calling them for a chat.

Cossie

Post by Cossie » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:48 am

Cheers for the reply Throwley, have already spoken to them, helpful guy, but unfortunately they stopped manufacturing the pram type folding cover at the beginning of the pandemic, and not planning any production until next year, he was saying they want to change the framework. Contacted Triking, they can supply a 'pullover ' shower proof type cover