New Member, potential buyer.

57tim

New Member, potential buyer.

Post by 57tim » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi everyone, just joined the forum. I've been a bit of a closet Triking admirer since the inception and now find myself in a position where buying is a possibility, budget @13k. I'm no stranger to Guzzis (4 in my shed, newest being 1972) we have a motorhome so there is a possibility in the future to tow a smallish trailer containing said Triking, it would be interesting to see what people are using. I'm Suffolk (Bury St Edmunds)

Thank you Tim

Oily

Re: New Member, potential buyer.

Post by Oily » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Hello Tim, welcome to the forum and all things Triking. Like yourself, I had wanted one since I first saw one back in the late 80s. I've now had 4 years of ownership, and they have been superb fun! I have an old VW camper and with the trike on a trailer behind, have toured France & Germany with frequent trips to the UK too.
Are you going to build your own or are you looking to buy ready to drive?

Nick.

57tim

Post by 57tim » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi Nick, hoping to purchase a used Triking, I'm more than happy to do a few jobs if required, I work on a farm so don't really have the time to build a new one, maybe in a few years when I slow down. :roll: where can I see pictures of your trailer, anyone else use a trailer? Any pointers to Trikings for sale would be appreciated, a reverse gear would be preferable, the age is unimportant.

Tim

Oleg

Post by Oleg » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi Tim
Car & Classic and sometimes Old Bike Mart for Trikings for sale. 2 on Car & Classic at present.
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1182650
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1140141
All the best for joining in the fun. There just great!

peakrock

Post by peakrock » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi Tim, welcome to the fold! I'm up the road from you so to speak, being just south of Norwich so if you're ever this way feel free to pop in. I've just sold my Triking but am building another, I also have a home made trailer that I've used a lot abroad.

Dave

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi Tim,
I too am 'just' down the road in Bedfordshire and now the A14 is open again it shouldn't take long to get here. ;-) and you would be more than welcome. I am building T3 and I use a Brian James Clubman trailer found on ebay advertised as a smart car trailer which made it a good price. Andy made his own and somewhere I have the plans he drew up for me.

57tim

Post by 57tim » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Thanks for your kind offers, I may well be visiting either or both of you. Due to the fact there are so few cars made the market is hardly flooded :roll: so it's difficult to gauge what I can get within my budget (@13k) There is a trailer company in Thetford that sells small car type trailers for 1500 brand spanking new, however I'm not averse to making/modifying something.

57tim

Post by 57tim » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:39 pm

peakrock wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:07 pm
Hi Tim, welcome to the fold! I'm up the road from you so to speak, being just south of Norwich so if you're ever this way feel free to pop in. I've just sold my Triking but am building another, I also have a home made trailer that I've used a lot abroad.

Dave
You have a pm

Tim