Squeaker the type 2 is for sale

Richard and Pat

Squeaker the type 2 is for sale

Post by Richard and Pat » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:09 am

This is Squeaker and was my introduction to 3 wheelers. I’d always fancied a Triking and sent for details when launched in ’79. But as is usual other things needed dealing with first. However by 2011 Pat could no longer manage a pillion so I decided to take the plunge. Brother Greg and I looked at all manner of 3 wheelers finally settling on three to view one Sunday in February including a BRA with Triking front suspension [too tight a cockpit for two hulking great geezers] a Morgan 3W five speeder [Greg had to lift his elbow for me to change gear and footwell tight but became number one contender] and finally a visit to Alan and Triking. A new no1 contender until Greg finished his turn and we had a winner.
It was bought fully built as I was still running Toylander/Real Life Toys [for heavens sake don't google that today!] but needing detailing and registering. I have enjoyed carrying out many upgrades during my 15,000 plus miles and ten year ownership. However with retirement I have built a type 3, which is now finished so Squeaker the type 2 must find a new owner.
Triking Sport, type 2 2012. Jackal running gear, five speed and reverse box, Under 16k miles. MOT to October. Leather interior, QD steering wheel. Newly rebuilt front wheels with new spokes, nipples and tyres, nearly new rear tyre on car type wheel. New battery. Some special tools. Freshly serviced for the season with all new oils and filters. Two sets of keys and Moto Guzzi handbook and service schedule book. Private plate included. £17,950
Attachments
rsz_squeaker_t2.jpg
rsz_1img_2499.jpg
rsz_1img_2499.jpg (31.05 KiB) Viewed 6354 times

Richard and Pat

Re: Squeaker the type 2 is for sale

Post by Richard and Pat » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:42 am

Oil temperature now working correctly, speedo smooth as silk [thank you John at ETB] new Hazard switching system too.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:26 pm

The beautifully refurbed Squeaker has been re-homed only fourteen miles from brother Greg with Bob from Churchstowe Devon.

Throwley

Post by Throwley » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:28 am

Richard and Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:26 pm
The beautifully refurbed Squeaker has been re-homed only fourteen miles from brother Greg with Bob from Churchstowe Devon.
I'm actually quite sad to see Squeaker move out of the area, Richard!

Glad you sold it, tho'. I'm really, really surprised it took so long to find a buyer.

Richard and Pat

Post by Richard and Pat » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:15 am

Thank you Stuart,
I think the time was drawn out because so many people knew it was coming up for sale. Had I not wanted to perform a thorough refurb it would have been sold before it came to market. The advert was on the Car and Classic site for I think just short of three months and of all the places I placed the ad that was the most successful. I think showing on the Triking site helps too.