Private Messages Outbox vs Sent

bcarter

Private Messages Outbox vs Sent

Post by bcarter » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:00 pm

I'm new here so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere.

I composed and "Sent" three private messages to US based Triking owners. When I submitted each message there was a notice that it had been sent but my Outbox showed 3 and the Sent box remained empty.

The second one went through at some point as the recipient responded. My original message changed status from "Outbox" to "Sent" though I don't know when that happened.

The other two messages as well as a reply to his response still show "Outbox".

Have these three messages been sent? Perhaps the system updates from "Outbox" to "Sent" when the message is read. Is there something I need to do differently?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Take care,
Brent

EricStarmer

Re: Private Messages Outbox vs Sent

Post by EricStarmer » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:39 pm

Hi, Brent - I rarely check for private messages, because I rarely get any - your post prompted me to check, and, lo and behold, I have a private message from you, so apparently the one to me went through.
I'll respond to the message later today.....

Eric

bcarter

Post by bcarter » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Eric,

Thanks for the reply here. It would seem messages are sent even if they remain in the Outbox.

Take care,
Brent

Weg

Post by Weg » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:39 am

You can only see that you have a message when you you are logged in.
The 'Private messages' logo top right of this page will be lit up.
Sent messages don't go out immediately but come under the category of 'Scheduled Tasks', when that happens is a mystery as it is governed by the server that this forum is hosted on.
Room for improvement?
Yes.
Once contact is made, use your own email.
Tony

bcarter

Post by bcarter » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. The system does seem to work. I'm accustomed to having something in the Outbox mean the message will not be visible to the recipient. In this case I now suspect that the message may sit in the Outbox until the intended recipient opens it. The one message still in my Outbox is to a member who has not been on the board since the private message was submitted. I've had helpful responses from those who have logged in.

Now someone should post some cool Triking stuff so this topic can fall off the Recent Posts section. ;-)

Take care,
Brent