Rutland run with Tigers.

Weg

Rutland run with Tigers.

Post by Weg » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Yesterday morning I met up with the East Anglian Tiger Owners Club guys and gals for a friendly end of season jaunt around Rutland.

Morcott services on the A47 was the start point. They all had 4 wheels with 0-60 times of sub 6sec, except for a few stragglers, so I started with a slight handicap in Daisy.
It was a brilliant morning on a well selected route through superb unspoilt Rutland with perfect weather. The pace was 'brisk' but Daisy performed admirably, a bit of roll around the bends but we didn't hold anyone up. Would have been better matched in the Triking, she is off the road for modifications to front suspension at present.
Only one breakdown was a broken clutch cable, so must have been bike engined Tiger. We were held up for while when a biker lost control in front of our lead car just before Uppingham. He was only going slow coming out of a bend, lost the back wheel and hit a roadside sign. Ambulance attended.
A superb run, 105mls all in. Final stop at the Crown at Elton. I was made very welcome and will join them again next year.
Attachments
Crown.jpg

EricStarmer

Re: Rutland run with Tigers.

Post by EricStarmer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Tony - I forget - what is Daisy - a Pembleton ?

Eric

Weg

Post by Weg » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Yep. Daisy is my Pembleton, the shopping car, comfy cruiser with 750 Guzzi engine.
Nippy, agile and simple. Been on the road for 2 years now.
Carol likes it so I drive her sedately, but solo------ye-ha.

Weg

Post by Weg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:19 am

They had a bit more rubber on the road than Daisy
Attachments
Morcott.jpg

Oleg

Post by Oleg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:07 am

Wild Cat V Pussy Cat? Although I do agree that this pussy car has teeth! 8-)