Search found 21 matches
- Wed Sep 02, 2026 12:16 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 22390
Re: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
Morning all Found a bit of time to do some more checks. With the engine cold and not running I can select 1st and neutral very easily. There appears no problem with play in the linkage. I tried selecting 1st gear then pushing in the clutch and i can push the car easily and the engine doesn't want to...
- Wed Sep 02, 2026 8:31 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 22390
Re: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
Hi all, sorry I have gone a bit quiet in this. Been very busy recently with builders and grandchildren. A time consuming combin. Thanks for the advice. I will be taking a very close look at the gear linkage and clutch travel first and then if that doesn't solve the problem then it's engine/gearbox o...
- Wed Aug 26, 2026 11:26 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 22390
Re: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
Hi, You are correct in that I had this problem before and the gearbox was sent off for a rebuild and a new clutch fitted. The problem has gradually been getting worse over the past year so much so that I have reduced my driving of the car due to the embarrassing clunk and struggle when engaging/dise...
- Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:59 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 22390
Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
Hi everyone. It's not often that FL16 asks for help but I need some help identifying a clutch/gearbox problem. Shifting gears is OK when moving, however trying to engage, and disengage 1st gear when stationary results now in an ever louder clunk from the drive chain. It's also difficult to engage ne...
- Mon Mar 10, 2025 4:06 pm
- Forum: Meetings and Events
- Topic: Summer 2025 meeting
- Replies: 35
- Views: 10248894
Re: Summer 2025 meeting
Hi Mike
Just paid my dues to the hotel. No problem this time. Currently in Maltet sheltering from the east anglia cold wind for a month. Looking forward to June event. Regards Bob
Just paid my dues to the hotel. No problem this time. Currently in Maltet sheltering from the east anglia cold wind for a month. Looking forward to June event. Regards Bob
- Sun Mar 09, 2025 4:43 pm
- Forum: Meetings and Events
- Topic: Summer 2025 meeting
- Replies: 35
- Views: 10248894
Re: Summer 2025 meeting
Hi Mike
Just contacted the hotel and reserved a room. Chap on reception didn't know whether we were all paying in one go or separately. He needed to speak to his manager. Might be an idea to confirm how we pay. Regards Bob
Just contacted the hotel and reserved a room. Chap on reception didn't know whether we were all paying in one go or separately. He needed to speak to his manager. Might be an idea to confirm how we pay. Regards Bob
- Fri Mar 07, 2025 9:46 am
- Forum: Meetings and Events
- Topic: Summer 2025 meeting
- Replies: 35
- Views: 10248894
Re: Summer 2025 meeting
Hi
16th or 23rd works for us.
Regards Bob
16th or 23rd works for us.
Regards Bob
- Sun Mar 02, 2025 1:44 pm
- Forum: Meetings and Events
- Topic: Summer 2025 meeting
- Replies: 35
- Views: 10248894
Re: Summer 2025 meeting
Hi Mike Yes we are interested, depends of course on the dates. Thanks for contacting me direct. I will try and pay more attention to posts on the Forum. Life is very hectic at the moment what with spending the kid's inheritance travelling the world, one son now living in Spain, one with our first gr...
- Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:48 am
- Forum: Meetings and Events
- Topic: Triking Meet 2024 – Shropshire
- Replies: 11
- Views: 133282
Re: Triking Meet 2024 – Shropshire
Hi Paul
I have just booked a room for Anne and myself. Looking forward to meeting up again. Just need now to legalise my A frame. Will sort that out nearer the time.
Regards Bob
I have just booked a room for Anne and myself. Looking forward to meeting up again. Just need now to legalise my A frame. Will sort that out nearer the time.
Regards Bob
- Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:59 pm
- Forum: Meetings and Events
- Topic: Triking Meet 2024 – Shropshire
- Replies: 11
- Views: 111958
Re: Triking Meet 2024 – Shropshire
Hi Paul I have managed to access the forum via a devious route at last. Yes Anne and I are interested in joining you. As I mentioned in my email I need to sort out a braking mechanism for the A frame so we can get to Shropshire. We might have a clash with potential new family arrivals around June bu...