Search found 256 matches

by peakrock
Sun Oct 04, 2026 6:13 pm
Forum: Meetings and Events
Topic: The Triking 2027 Hill Climb Event
Replies: 2
Views: 477

Re: The Triking 2027 Hill Climb Event

This sounds fun Tony - please put me down for a place.

Thanks Dave
by peakrock
Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:08 pm
Forum: Type 4
Topic: Norge 8v questions
Replies: 0
Views: 697

Norge 8v questions

My T4 has a Norge 8v engine with roller tappets and has done 18k miles overall. It's just been for the MSVA (failed on exhaust noise) but it raised some other questions. 1) I've set the ETB tacho switches to 1 as I assumed there is no wasted spark - is that correct? 2) Once warmed up, the idle speed...
by peakrock
Tue Sep 08, 2026 12:18 pm
Forum: Meetings and Events
Topic: Triking will be 50 in 2028
Replies: 8
Views: 28174

Re: Triking will be 50 in 2028

On that subject I was thinking this could be a good potential location if people are not expecting 5 star luxury. It also has an entertainment space and camping etc and is adjacent to the Norfolk coast.. We know the people who run it so it might be possible for them to make special arrangements for ...
by peakrock
Mon Aug 31, 2026 11:49 am
Forum: Type 4
Topic: Getting oil in both intakes
Replies: 3
Views: 20172

Re: Getting oil in both intakes

I have my T4 engine setup the way you describe Mark (8v Norge) which has worked fine during testing. It's helpful to have it corroborated by you :D

Thanks Dave
by peakrock
Mon Aug 31, 2026 9:22 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!
Replies: 8
Views: 22390

Re: Bob's elderly triking needs some help!

I rebuilt the gearbox on my Type 3, including shimming the selector drum, but it still occasionally demands care to get it into first gear, so it's a characteristic of this type of gearbox to be awkward I would say. It could be that you have a selector drum problem but it seems a bit unlikely given ...
by peakrock
Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:01 am
Forum: Type 4
Topic: T4 finishing touches
Replies: 1
Views: 6162

T4 finishing touches

I'm at the final build stages before putting the T4 body on. What have you guys used rubber seal wise where the steering shaft goes through the front bulkhead. The same question applies at the rear tunnel where there is access to the swinging arm pivot bolt.

Thanks

Dave
by peakrock
Wed Aug 05, 2026 12:00 pm
Forum: Donor bikes and spares
Topic: Norge Flywheel/clutch assembly and gearbox for sale
Replies: 0
Views: 13857

Norge Flywheel/clutch assembly and gearbox for sale

I have some donor bike parts available from my Type 4 build that I don't need. The donor was a one owner Norge 8v with 18K miles on the clock and full Guzzi service history. As far as I can tell, these parts should fit most if not all of the Guzzi bikes with the 1200 engine (but someone with more Gu...
by peakrock
Mon Jun 08, 2026 5:56 pm
Forum: Trikings for sale
Topic: Covered Trailer for Sale
Replies: 0
Views: 3248

Covered Trailer for Sale

Trailer1.jpg I have a Brian James Minno based enclosed car trailer for sale. It's perfect for the Type1, Type 2 and Type 3 Trikings but not the Type 4, which is why it's for sale. It has a lightweight box section steel frame, panelled with aluminium and a drop down ramp. The base chassis is a Brian...
by peakrock
Fri Mar 13, 2026 5:06 pm
Forum: Type 4
Topic: 8V1200 roller tappets
Replies: 7
Views: 18617

Re: 8V1200 roller tappets

I have it from several sources that the oil pump should be changed whenever a roller conversion has shown tapped wear. It had been found that the very fine metal particles could increase the clearance between the pump gears and so reducing the oil flow. Still made more than 5psi which keeps the oil...
by peakrock
Sun Mar 08, 2026 11:09 am
Forum: Type 4
Topic: 8V1200 roller tappets
Replies: 7
Views: 18617

Re: 8V1200 roller tappets

When your 2011 engine was changed to rollers instead of flat tappets did you change the camshafts as well? I've heard anecdotally that the flat tappets can damage the camshafts although I guess if the camshafts look and measure fine at the time of the change, then there's no need to replace them as ...